Monday, December 29, 2008

Lord, Make Me A Blessing.

SELAH

SPREADING GOD’S
WORD THRU THE WEB!


"Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will show thee: And I will make thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing." (Gen. 12:1,2 KJV).

As children of God, we are part of the covenant of Abraham. It is God's will to bless us. But, an important condition to the blessing promised to Abraham was that he would not only be blessed, but that he also would be a blessing till all families of the earth are blessed.

As I thought about the new year and goals that I would like to meet, I immediately remembered a message I had heard several years ago. The preacher spoke on being a blessing. He mentioned in his sermon that we should ask God to make us a blessing everyday. The preacher said this would change our lives completely. After I heard that message, I began to pray everday that God would make me a blessing. I prayed that I would be so tuned in to God that I would hear his voice when he prompts me to be a blessing. I prayed that God would show me ways in every situation how I could make a difference in peoples lives. After I prayed that everday for several months, I began to see doors open for me to jump right in to bless someone. At times it was just chance to say something encouraging to strangers in the line at the store. I began to feel much bolder to speak what God laid on my heart. I began to get such a zeal to witness to people in any way that I could even if it was just a friendly gesture.

Now after several years, God has laid it on my heart to start praying that same prayer again. It is my goal to be bless more people this year than ever before. I pray that God lays it upon your heart to walk through doors that you have never walked through before so that you can be a blessing to some one. You will never truly know what kind of a blessing you are to someone just by saying the simplist things that God lays on your heart to say to people. It could just be a hello, or God bless you or even letting someone know you are praying for them. Sometimes those kind of comments can really bless someone.

It is not necessary to do or say something really extravagent just to bless someone. It can be those little things you do each day that can have the greatest impact on a persons life. I encourage you to be open in every moment of every day to act on the things that God lays on your heart to do or say. It will not only change others lives but it will also make a great change in you forever.

Lord, Make Me A Blessing.

SELAH SPREADING GOD’S WORD THRU THE WEB! "Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country and from thy kindred, and from ...